The Hanging Lakes
- Duração: 30 Minutos (Aproximadamente)
- Localização: Haast, West Coast
- Código de produto: TRIP1
Discover the true wonders of the Haast region with a stunning flight through this majestic hidden valley at 3,000ft above sea level.
This flight shows you many of the highlights of New Zealand's backcountry in one secluded valley in South Westland's remote alpine environment, with a mountain landing so you can soak up the atmosphere of this isolated region. Cascading waterfalls and hanging lakes are just some of the visual treats awaiting you on this beautiful flight through South Westland's World Heritage Area
*Mountain landing included.
This flight departs daily from our Haast flight centre.
Allow 30 minutes.
Essential gear for snow and alpine landings:
- Covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine) or hiking boots
- Wear comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for wearing on the snow. Occasionally the temperature can be 5-10 degrees cooler on the snow than it is in the village. Check with our ground crew if you are unsure of what to wear
- Plenty of room on your memory card and/or phone for photos. Please note: Selfie sticks, especially extendable ones, are a safety hazard and are best left behind
- Please note that we do not allow passengers to use iPads to take photos during flights as they can impede the view of the pilot and other passengers. You're very welcome to bring along another means of taking your photos (phone, camera or GoPro are all great).
Check-in time is 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. This allows time for payment processing and aircraft allocation.
Flight duration is only approximate:
Pricing is in New Zealand dollars and includes GST. Minimum numbers apply.
HAAST Office Hours:
Summer (November-March) 8.30AM to 7.00PM / Winter (April-October) 9.00AM to 5.00PM.
*Please note: snow and mountain landings are subject to weather conditions and are at the pilot’s discretion.