Mt Aspiring and Glaciers
- Duration: 70 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Haast, West Coast
- Product code: TRIP3
See awe-inspiring landscapes as we take you on a journey to discover Mt Aspiring and its National Park with scenic views of Jacksons Bay,
Open Bay Islands, and ancient, glacier-fed rivers. Breathtaking views of Mt Aspiring, New Zealand's fourth-highest mountain, and the magnificent Volta and Bonar Glaciers surrounded by some of the most spectacular, untouched glaciers to be seen in New Zealand.
An alpine landing can be offered as an optional extra (there is an additional cost for an alpine landing which we can advise when you contact us).
This flight departs daily from our Haast flight centre.
Allow 70 minutes.
Essential gear for snow and alpine landings:
- Covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine) or hiking boots
- Wear comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for wearing on the snow. Occasionally the temperature can be 5-10 degrees cooler on the snow than it is in the village. Check with our ground crew if you are unsure of what to wear
- Plenty of room on your memory card and/or phone for photos. Please note: Selfie sticks, especially extendable ones, are a safety hazard and are best left behind
- Please note that we do not allow passengers to use iPads to take photos during flights as they can impede the view of the pilot and other passengers. You're very welcome to bring along another means of taking your photos (phone, camera or GoPro are all great).
Check-in time is 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. This allows time for payment processing and aircraft allocation.
Flight duration is only approximate:
Pricing is in New Zealand dollars and includes GST. Minimum numbers apply.
HAAST Office Hours:
Summer (November-March) 8.30AM to 7.00PM / Winter (April-October) 9.00AM to 5.00PM.
*Please note: snow and mountain landings are subject to weather conditions and are at the pilot’s discretion.